Recipe for Roast Turkey with Apple Cider Gravy
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 ½ to 2 hours
1 turkey breast (about 7 lbs.)
1 t teaspoon black pepper
1 t teaspoon rubbed sage
4 c. apple cider
¼ cup real maple syrup
1 bay leaf
1 medium onion, diced
2 Tablespoons melted butter
½ cup flour mixed with ¾ cup cold water
2 Tablespoon strong Dijon mustard
1. Season outside of turkey breast with salt, pepper, and sage. Place in small roasting pan in a rack.
2. Pour apple cider and maple syrup along with bay leaf and onion around the turkey. Cover the roasting pan.
3. Place in a 350° F oven basting with juices every 20 minutes. Start testing after 1 ½ hours using an instant read thermometer.
4. Once the turkey has reached an internal temperature of 130° F, remove lid and increase the oven temperature to 400° F. Baste with butter every 10 minutes. The turkey is finished when it has an internal temperature of 165F at its center.
5. Remove turkey breast to a warm platter, cover with aluminum foil and keep in warm place.
6. Pour the liquid from the roasting pan into a small saucepan. Skim off the fat from the top. Bring the liquid to a boil. Whisk in flour/water mixture. Bring back to a boil. Taste for seasoning. Serve with turkey slices.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
Joey is searching for his forever family. Are you the right one to take him home? You can see Joey on ABC Action News at Noon on Friday.