Recipe for Wild Rice Artichoke Gouda Frittata
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
½ cup wild rice
1½ cups water
¾ teaspoon salt
1 ½ Tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup onion diced
7 oz. jar of marinated well-drained artichoke hearts, diced
9 eggs, well mixed
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
3 oz. grated smoked cheese (the more flavorful the better)
1. Bring wild rice, water, and salt to a boil over moderate heat. Reduce heat and simmer for about 40-50 minutes, or until the rice begins to pop out of its shell. Strain and reserve.
2. In a 10 inch non-stick sauté pan, sauté onion in olive oil over moderate heat until the onion softens and begins to caramelize. Add artichoke and cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Add wild rice, eggs, and black pepper. Stir lightly until the eggs begin to cook on the bottom of the pan. Cover and reduce heat to moderate. Cook for about 5-6 minutes or until the bottom is lightly browned and the eggs have started to solidify. It may be necessary to reduce the heat further to help the center of the frittata to cook through.
4. Remove the lid and place a plate on top of the eggs. Holding the plate firmly to the top of the sauté pan, flip the frittata onto the plate. Slide the frittata back into the pan to continue cooking what was previously the top. Top with grated cheese. Cook for 3-5 more minutes until the eggs are fully cooked.
5. Slide unto a plate and cut into 6 pieces.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
Coating your fish with different seeds is a great way to jazz up your dinner. Try this three seed crusted fish.