Recipe for red lentil mini pancakes with cumin cream
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: 30 pancakes
1 cup red lentils
2 ½ cups water
3 green onions, minced
1 Tablespoon curry powder
Pinch cayenne chile powder (you can add more for additional heat)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
1 egg, beaten
1 Tablespoon milk
2 Tablespoons flour
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 cup fat-free sour cream
1 teaspoon ground cumin*
½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine lentils and water in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, or just until the lentils are soft. Be careful as they overcook easily. Remove from heat, drain well, pour into a flat dish and let cool.
2. When the lentils are cool, place in a bowl and combine will all remaining ingredients except the olive oil, sour cream, cumin, and black pepper.
3. In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, cumin, and black pepper. Reserve.
4. Sauté the lentil mixture in a non-stick sauté pan with olive oil over moderate heat. Flip when they are browned and continue cooking until they are crispy.
5. Serve hot pancakes with sour cream dipping sauce.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
Coating your fish with different seeds is a great way to jazz up your dinner. Try this three seed crusted fish.