Recipe for Cajun Burgers
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1 lb. ground beef (85% lean)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
½ cup diced green pepper
½ cup diced onion
½ cup diced celery
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ Tablespoons Cajun spice mix (this depends greatly on the heat of the particular mix)
½ teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon ketchup
¾ teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
Thinly sliced red onion
4 warmed hamburger buns, split
1. Sauté the pepper, onion and celery in olive oil until cooked through and very soft. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer. Let cool. Once it is cool, place in the refrigerator until cold.
2. In a bowl, mix beef, cold sautéed vegetables, Cajun spice mix, and salt until the mixture becomes elastic. Form 4 burgers.
3. In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup and hot sauce. Reserve.
1. Cook burgers on the grill or in a sauté pan until completely cooked through. They should not be red or pink in the middle when done.
2. Serve burgers on warmed buns with Louisiana hot sauce mayonnaise, Creole mustard, tomato slices, and red onion slices.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
Joey is searching for his forever family. Are you the right one to take him home? You can see Joey on ABC Action News at Noon on Friday.