Recipe for Brownie Pizza:
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup pecan chips
¾ cup light Karo syrup
1/3 cup heavy cream
8 ounces chopped semi-sweet chocolate
1 Tablespoon instant espresso powder
1 stick unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
½ Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Assorted garnishes including: sliced strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, mango, kiwi, and various nuts.
*If all you can find are thin crust pizza pans with holes in the bottom of the pan, these will still work because of the layer of parchment paper.
1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and pecans. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine corn syrup and heavy cream. Over a medium high heat bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from the heat, add chocolate and espresso powder. Stir until completely melted. Set aside 2/3 cup of this chocolate sauce. Once cooled, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Pour remaining chocolate mixture into the bowl of the mixer. Add diced butter and sugar, mix until butter has been incorporated and the sugar is dissolved.
5. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
6. Gradually mix in the flour mixture until just combined.
7. Line the bottom of a 12-13” thin crust pizza pan* with parchment paper.
8. Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until center is set.
9. Remove from the oven and cool on rack.
10. Once the brownie pizza is completely cool, cover with plastic wrap and store at room temperature for 4-5 hours until ready to serve.
When you’re ready to serve, remove the chocolate sauce fruit from the refrigerator
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.