Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 50-60 minutes
1 Tablespoon softened butter
3 cups cooked short or long grain rice (the short grain is easier to work with)
6 egg s
½ cup milk
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt
8 oz. roasted red peppers, well drained and patted dry
3 green onions, minced
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Rub a 9-inch metal pie tin with butter. Line the pie tin with rice, patting firmly. If the rice sticks to your hands, you can lightly coat your hands with oil.
3. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
4. Sprinkle red pepper, green onions, and cheese in the rice-lined pie tin. Pour egg mixture on top.
5. Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until the center is solidified.
6. Cut into 6 wedges and serve.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.