Recipe for Brown Butter Mango
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and cut into small dice
½ cup water
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
Vanilla ice cream
1. In a large sauté pan on medium heat, melt the butter. Continue cooking until small flecks in the butter turn brown. Don't let the flecks become black.
2. As soon as the butter browns, add mangos and sauté for several minutes.
3. Add brown sugar, water, and cardamom.
4. Continue cooking for several minutes. If the mixture becomes too dry, simply add more water as the mixture should be somewhat saucy.
5. Serve immediately over vanilla ice cream.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
Here are the best apps to have at your fingertips to see you through this holiday season. The best part: They're free.