Recipe for Pumpkin Pancakes:
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1 ¼ cups buttermilk
¾ cup canned pure pumpkin
4 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
3 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ stick unsalted butter, melted
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
Unsalted butter for cooking pancakes
1/3 cup of chopped pecans
1/3 cup finely chopped dried apples
1. Whisk together the buttermilk, pumpkin, eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until thoroughly blended. Whisk in the melted butter.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. Add the dry ingredients to buttermilk mixture and whisk to combine.
4. Melt additional butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls into skillet to form pancakes.
5. Cook on the first side until bubbles form on top, about 1 ½ minutes. Turn pancakes over and cook second side until lightly brown, about 1 minute.
6. Transfer onto plates, sprinkle chopped pecans and dried apples on top. Serve with warm maple syrup.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
Baloo is a male Boxer mix who is about 3 years old. He was found at Animal Services with a bulging eye which had to be removed. However, having only one eye does not hinder him at all! He is active and playful.