Pork tenderloin with African spice rub recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
2 ½ teaspoons sweet paprika
1 ½ teaspoons cumin
¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
¾ teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon powdered ginger
½ teaspoon powdered saffron
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 ½ garlic cloves, minced
Grated lemon rind from ½ lemon
1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar, don't pack
2 teaspoons salt
2 pork tenderloins (12 - 16 ounces each)
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Mix all the spice rub seasonings in a bowl. Stir until well combined.
2. Remove any exterior fat or membranes from the pork tenderloin. Rub the tenderloin with remaining spice rub. Wrap the tenderloin in plastic wrap and refrigerator for 1 - 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F.
4. In an ovenproof skillet over high heat, bring the vegetable oil to the smoking point. Place the pork in the pan and sear all sides of the tenderloin until nicely browned, approximately 1 - 2 minutes per side.
5. Roast the pork tenderloin in a 400˚ F oven for about 25 minutes or until it registers 165˚ F with an instant read thermometer.
6. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Slice and serve with couscous and harissa (Moroccan spice paste).
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
There are some simple and effective ideas that parents can help kids implement to get them ready for end of the school year finals.