Recipe for Kale Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
16 oz. curly kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
4 clementine's, peeled and segmented
1 cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey
1. De-stem and wash kale. Dry kale very well either in a salad spinner or blotted on a paper towel.
2. Slice kale thinly and place in a large bowl.
3. Sprinkle olive oil, lemon juice and salt on kale.
4. Massage the kale gently for about 2-3 minutes or until kale has deflated by roughly half.
5. Toss in the Clementine segments and the hazelnuts.
6. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat completely.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
Here are the best apps to have at your fingertips to see you through this holiday season. The best part: They're free.