Recipe for Grilled Avocado with Mediterranean Salad:
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: 6 as an appetizer
1 cup diced ripe tomatoes
½ cup diced roasted red peppers
½ cup diced feta cheese
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 green onion, minced
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
3 Tablespoons minced parsley
3 ripe avocados, halved with pit removed.
3 teaspoons lemon juice
Additional salt and pepper for seasoning avocados
Additional olive oil to brush on avocados
1. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, red peppers, feta, vinegar, olive oil, green onion, salt, pepper, and parsley. Do not make in advance and refrigerate as this mixture should be served at room temperature.
2. Rub lemon juice on the surface of the avocado halves. Let sit for 10 minutes.
3. Season the avocado halves with salt and pepper. Brush with additional olive oil.
4. Grill avocado halves flesh side down over high heat for several minutes. Once the flesh has deep grill marks, turn halves over, reduce heat to low and continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes. The avocados are done with they are hot and soft all the way through.
5. Place each avocado half on a plate. Mound the tomato/red pepper/feta mixture on top of the avocados and serve immediately.
You can find more recipes on the Live Well network at livewellnetwork.com .
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
Enjoy this dried fruit recipe that is very tasty and versatile and can be served as part of a dessert or for breakfast.