Recipe for French Toast
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
1 Tablespoon lemon zest
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
4 teaspoons honey
¼ teaspoon ground dried ginger
½ cup milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
12 slices whole wheat sandwich bread, crusts cut off
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, and ground ginger.
2. In a cake pan, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
3. Smear on 6 pieces of bread, making sure not to smear the cream cheese on the outer ½ inch. Brush the outer ½ inch with egg and milk mixture. Cover with remaining bread to make 6 sandwiches. Press the edges firmly to seal.
4. Soak the stuffed French toasts in the egg and milk mixture.
5. Sauté the French toasts in a non-stick pan in vegetable oil. When they are cooked through and browned on both sides, serve with maple syrup.
You can find more recipes on the live well network at livewellnetwork.com .
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
Coating your fish with different seeds is a great way to jazz up your dinner. Try this three seed crusted fish.