Recipe for Caribbean Chicken Salad:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
¾ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 ½ teaspoon honey
1 jalapeno, half of the seeds removed and minced
1 – 15 ounce can black beans, drained
1 red pepper, diced
½ cup jicama, diced
¾ cup extra sweet frozen corn, defrosted
1 ripe mango, diced
1 ½ pounds diced chicken breast
1 Tablespoon jerk seasoning
2 Tablespoons olive oil for sautéeing chicken
2 bags baby spinach
2 avocados, pit removed, scooped from skin, and sliced
1. Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a large bowl. Remove ½ the dressing and reserve for dressing the spinach.
2. Place the black beans, red peppers, jicama, corn, and mango in a bowl and mix with half of the dressing.
3. Toss chicken in the jerk seasoning to coat.
4. Heat a large sautée pan over high heat, sautée chicken in olive oil until cooked through.
5. Toss the spinach with the reserved dressing. Divide between 6 dinner plates. Top with marinated vegetables, sautéed chicken and avocado slices.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
Baloo is a male Boxer mix who is about 3 years old. He was found at Animal Services with a bulging eye which had to be removed. However, having only one eye does not hinder him at all! He is active and playful.