In search of the best way to cook a hard boiled egg this Easter? An old friend, a retired Army cook, once taught me the perfect way to boil hard boiled eggs so that they're perfectly cooked and the shell peels right off with almost no effort.
1. Place your eggs in a pot of water so that they are fully submerged. Don't place too many eggs in one pot. A good rule of thumb is about 6 in a 1 quart pot. Anymore and you want to get a larger pot.
2. Bring the water to a full boil for about 1 minute. Then turn off the stove, leave the pot on the burner and cover the pot with a lid.
3. Let the eggs sit in the pot, covered for about 20 minutes.
4. Next, pour out the hot water and then immediately fill with ice cold water and ice cubes.
Once the eggs have had a chance to cool down, the shells should peel off very easily when you crack them - with the inside cooked perfectly.
- Liz Gold, Weekend Morning Executive Producer
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
A wild animal's natural instinct is to steer clear of humans, but when a fox cub somehow got its head hopelessly stuck inside a glass jar, there seemed to be no other option than to seek a helping pair of human hands.