Recipe for Avocado Soup:
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
1 qt. cold chicken broth
2 avocados, peel and pit removed
¼ cup lime juice
1 bunch cilantro, leaves removed and coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
2 teaspoons chile powder
Salt to taste (about 1 teaspoon)
1. Place all ingredients in blender. Process until smooth.
2. Taste for seasoning and serve ice cold with garnishes as desired.
• Diced cucumber
• Diced avocado
• Minced green onion and cilantro
• Diced tomato
• Diced cooked chicken
• Chicken salad mounded in the middle of the bowl with soup poured around it
• Diced cooked shrimp
• Crab meat
• Crumbled charred tortillas
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
Baloo is a male Boxer mix who is about 3 years old. He was found at Animal Services with a bulging eye which had to be removed. However, having only one eye does not hinder him at all! He is active and playful.