Recipe for Avocado Soup:
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
1 qt. cold chicken broth
2 avocados, peel and pit removed
¼ cup lime juice
1 bunch cilantro, leaves removed and coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
2 teaspoons chile powder
Salt to taste (about 1 teaspoon)
1. Place all ingredients in blender. Process until smooth.
2. Taste for seasoning and serve ice cold with garnishes as desired.
• Diced cucumber
• Diced avocado
• Minced green onion and cilantro
• Diced tomato
• Diced cooked chicken
• Chicken salad mounded in the middle of the bowl with soup poured around it
• Diced cooked shrimp
• Crab meat
• Crumbled charred tortillas
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
Enjoy this dried fruit recipe that is very tasty and versatile and can be served as part of a dessert or for breakfast.