It's a jungle out there! Making the right moves on your date can be challenging, but it doesn't have to be impossible.
Lifestyle expert, Leslie Tyler , helps singles with how to make the best of dating.
Tyler offers this advice when it comes to dating:
1. Be attentive to your date. Listen and ask questions…not too many but enough to make him think he matters.
2. Stick with small talk initially and move on to deeper subjects if he leads to them.
3. Maintain eye contact. Be subtle and don't stare!
4. Know what you want to do on the date. When he asks where would you like to go or what would you like to do next…have an answer.
5. Show a sense of humor. Laugh at his jokes and make a few of your own.
6. Allow him to act chivalrous. Show appreciation for those little things he does to be a gentleman.
1. Your date is not your shrink. Do not make the date a therapy session.
2. Do not talk about your ex.
3. Don't be distracted. Shut off your cell phone or put it on vibrate.
4. Do not make any physical advances/have sex on the first date.
5. Do not have more than one alcoholic beverage.
6. Do not worry about ending the date early…if you are uncomfortable end it!
7. Do not wear too much foundation on your face. It will look like you are trying to hide something.
8. Do not show too much cleavage.
Copyright 2010 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.