LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. - The Epcot Food and Wine Festival is now underway, bringing international flavor right to our backyard.
To truly understand how impressive the event is, just consider a few statistics. The 15th annual food and wine festival boasts more than 300 wine varieties. There are 75 different types of international cuisine, served up by more than 270 chefs.
The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is a six-week outdoor event that runs now through November 14th.
This morning, ABC Action News Contributor, Sean Daly got a taste of some of the best the festival has to offer. He witnessed a tequila sampling and a pizza-making demonstration. Sean even got first hand instruction in making Bo Ssam, lettuce wraps with roast pork.
You can try the lettuce wraps for yourself using the recipe below.
Ingredients for Roast Pork:
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons coarse salt
2 1/2 pounds boneless pork butt
Ingredients for Kimchi Slaw:
3 cups napa cabbage
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
1 tablespoon spicy chili-garlic sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
Ingredients for Spicy Mayo
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon water
1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 teaspoon course salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For Roast Pork:
1) Combine brown sugar and salt in a small bowl. Rub mixture on pork. Place pork in a plastic zip-top bag, and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
2) Preheat oven to 300ºF.
3) Remove pork from bag and rinse off sugar and salt; pat dry and place in a small roasting pan.
4) Roast pork for 4 1/2 hours, or until very tender. Shred into bite-size pieces with a fork.
For Kimchi Slaw:
1) Combine cabbage, onion, and carrot in a large bowl. Set aside.
2) Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk to combine, then pour dressing over vegetables. Toss to combine.
3) Cover bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until slaw is wilted.
For Sesame Mayo:
1) Toast sesame seeds in a small, dry skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until light brown and aromatic. Cool.
2) Combine sesame seeds and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine; refrigerate.
1) Place 2 to 3 lettuce wraps on each serving plate. Evenly divide roast pork among lettuce leaves.
2) Top with kimchi slaw and sesame mayo, to taste. Fold lettuce around fillings.
Copyright 2010 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Entertainment Headlines
The show, starring Kevin Spacey, Robin Wright and Kate Mara, will follow Washington politicos Francis and Claire Underwood on "their ruthless rise to power."